Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4, 2011; Ceecee and Me


Dear Ceecee (my email began)
I am trying to decide what to do with my future. If you have been following my blog, and I think you have, you'll understand that I am not content. In fact, I think if I hang out here too much longer I'm worried that I will become one of those fat, lazy lap dogs that has to wear booties and a little outfit in the cold and who is always curled up in a bed or in a La-Z-Boy when he's not eating or slogging throw the snow in his knitted ensemble (bitching and moaning all the while).

Please advise me!
D

Dearest Dee
I have been noticing how you seem unhappy and I am very worried. I don't want you to do anything foolish and whatever you do I want you to think long and hard before you do it.

I do know one thing for sure. You may be my twin brother but you are not like me. I like living here in my cozy apartment with my three old birds but I am perfectly aware that you are not like that. In fact I don't think you're like any other dog I know. You're more...lordie...dare I say it?...feral. The way you write and the way you talk to your Boys and all your little rages...well, there is something wild about you. I don't know where that's from. I don't have it. What do you think?
C


Dear Ceecee
I don't know if it has something to do with watching our siblings die in that horrible puppy mill or if it's watching Frank get old so fast after his stroke or even watching the Boys and their crazy lives (which are also lazy lives) but I feel there is a side of me that feels locked in and needs to get out. Maybe it's living in this small apartment with this small life. There's got to be more, doesn't there?
D

Dear Dee
You know those fits all Jack Russells have (even me)? The ones were suddenly we just explode and run and run and run around the house until we can't run anymore? Are you sure that's not what's happening with you—except bigger?
C


C
Way bigger. Too big.
D


D
Please think. Think hard!
C

D
That's all I do.
C


D
You know I love you, don't you?
C


D
I know. And I love you.
C

D
But that's not enough, is it?
C


C
I don't know.
D

D
Think hard, sweetheart. Think very hard.
C


C
I will. I have.
Love you
D


D
xx
C


C
x
D

No comments:

Post a Comment